This post is sponsored by Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade pasta sauces. That said, my love for pasta sauce and wholesome real food is all my own.
With school starting and fall knocking on the door, our routines and schedules have begun to shift with the seasons. I always look forward to fall. The kids are back in school, the air is cooler and crisper, schedules are busier (but at least we are back on one) and it seems at this time of year family dinners become just a little more special don’t they? The whole family gathering around the table in the evening is a great way for everyone to reconnect after a busy day at work, school or wherever.
Getting everyone around the table at the same time however can be a challenge. Our kids range in age from 2yrs old to 11 and hubby often doesn’t get home from work until the littlest guys are ready for bed. While we usually eat together on the weekends, weeknights are harder so right now my goal is to make sure we have at least one weeknight meal all together. Hubby does his part to get home in time and I do my part to keep dinner simple and on the table quickly while keeping it to something that the whole family will eat. My go to meal for these dinners is typically pasta because well….1. it’s simple, 2. everyone seems to like it, and 3. it can be made quickly. Where am I going with this? Well I’m glad you asked 🙂
We’ve had an increased focus on eating healthier this summer and so I’ve been looking for ways to adapt some of our favorite meals to meet our new standards going into the fall. Things like switching to whole wheat pasta, adding lots more veggies into our dishes and cutting way down on processed foods are a few of the ways we are cleaning things up around here. One thing I love about Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade pasta sauces is look at the ingredient list….
I can not tell you how thrilled I was when I picked up this jar in the grocery store to find only whole ingredients and no added sugar anywhere in sight! You’d be surprised what might be in your pasta sauce….check the label. Once I saw this I was beyond excited to get home and get cooking. The idea of something so convenient yet healthful blew my mind.
Here’s what we made! I promise, it’s so good (and so easy) you have to try it!
- 1 - 16oz box whole wheat rotini
- 1 - jar of Mezzetta Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 zucchinni
- about 1/3 of a medium sized yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini into thick rounds and then cut them in half. Toss them in a bowl along with the onion and garlic with a tablespoon or two of olive oil (just enough to coat them) and then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay everything out in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast until zucchini start to turn golden brown (aproximately 30-35min).
- While your zucchini is roasting boil pasta according to package directions.
- Heat sauce on low in a separate pan while the pasta is cooking.
- Strain pasta, mix everything together and top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil leave for garnish.
Are you hungry yet? Well your in luck! Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade is giving away the Perfect Pasta Night! Click HERE to enter to win.
• Grand Prize (1): Perfect Pasta Night. Cooking kit includes: Six (6) Mezzetta® Napa Valley Homemade™ Pasta Sauces + Dried Pasta + Apron + Grocery Tote + Chef’s Hat + Cheese Grater + Recipe Cards + $500 grocery gift card
• Runner Up Prizes (10): Six (6) Mezzetta® Napa Valley Homemade™ Pasta Sauces + Recipe Cards
Leave a Reply