Elephants, zebras, monkeys, giraffes. What do they all have in common? They are roaming around my house in the form of my children! I guess they really loved our recent trip to the zoo. I mean it doesn’t stop. Climbing on the furniture…monkeys I tell you. Stomping around the living room. Must be an elephant. Picking the leaves off my plants? Blame it on the giraffe. I had to find a way to channel all that animal behavior. I figure if they are interested in something this much I really need to capitalize on it.
So, what’s a Mom to do? I tried to channel some of that animal energy into some imaginative zoo play. What better way to do that than to set an invitation to play? Play zoo that is! We pulled out our trusty Safari Toob Zoo Figures and some big wooden blocks and built a zoo!
You can build a zoo too!
To Build a Zoo –
- Unit Blocks (or any other blocks you might have at home). I particularly like these unit blocks as do the kids because of their size.
- Safari Ltd Zoo Babies Toob or other zoo figures
- A Healthy Dose of Imagination!
To get your kids started you consider presenting the materials one of two ways.
1. Simply lay out the materials & see what happens. Let their imaginations do the work.
2. Set up a zoo for them and let them dig in. Their imaginations will take over!
Either way I’m sure your kids will have a “roaring'” good time. Get it? A “ROARING” good time Haha 😀 I love a good pun.
If you like this post you might also like these two to get your child’s imagination moving.