If there was one toy that I would recommend over and over again it would be a bag of ball pit balls…or two…or three. These balls are one of our favorite things to play with. I can’t believe we never had them when my oldest was little. (kicking myself again and again for that one). Don’t dismay, my eight year old has almost as much fun as my 19 month old playing some of these games. It never gets old and we are always coming up with new ways to play with them. I’m sure you can add to this list too.
1. They are great fun just thrown into a big bin for exploring and free play.
2. Of course they are fun when used traditional ball-pit style.
3. And they make for a fabulous and colorful impromptu photo shoot.
4. You can get creative with them and make your own ball pit out of a Cardboard Box.
5. They are good for a Color Hunt. We will scatter the balls around the floor and then ask Mister C collect all the balls of a certain color.
6. They are great for Color Sorting.
7. They are loads fun in the Tub (with our without bubbles)!
8. They are even fun in a container of Water on the kitchen floor. Add various bowls and containers for scooping and transferring.
9. They make for some good “Fishing”….
10. And Mom….don’t forget, they are fun for you to get in to play too! It’s a good way connect with your little ones. C loves to run and jump into the ball pit and have me catch him and then cover him with balls.